Travel to Israel with Rabbi Block in 2016
Congregation B'nai Israel's sesquicentennial celebration will be augmented by a congregational trip to Israel, scheduled for September 11-22, 2016. Join Rabbi Block, Kathy and David Bauman, Carmen Arick and Emily Adams for nine days of touring.
Highlights will include:
- Exploring the Old City of Jerusalem, home to Judaism's holiest sites, as well as places sacred to Christians and Muslims.
- A jeep tour of the Golan Heights, as well as an up-close examination of the Security Barrier, bringing a heightened understanding of Israel's security challenges.
- A private encounter with Anat Hoffman, Executive Director of the Israel Religious Action Center and Women of the Wall, and the leader in bringing gender equality to Israel.
- Shabbat Eve with an Israeli Reform congregation, including home hospitality for Shabbat dinner.
- Shabbat morning with students at Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion.
- Visits to sites that celebrate and exemplify the struggles of early Zionism and the establishment of the State.
- Remembrance at Yad Vashem, Israel's Holocaust Memorial.
- Climbing (or riding the cable car up) Masada, and floating in the Dead Sea.
- Home hospitality in a Druze Village.
- Excellent accommodations in Jerusalem, Haifa, and Tel Aviv
- So much more, all with Muki Jankelovich, whom Rabbi Block regards as the best tour guide in Israel.
The full itinerary, along with more information, such as costs and registration, is available at http://www.arzaworld.com/congregation-bnai-israel-trip-to-israel.aspx