Thousands of years of history come to life at the Jewish Food Festival!
- The Western Wall (also referred to as the Wailing Wall)
- A remnant of the Western wall of the Second Temple in Jerusalem.
- Visited in great numbers by Jewish people as a site of prayer.
- The second temple dates back to 10th century B.C.E.
- The tradition of writing a prayer on a small piece of paper and placing it in one of the cracks in the wall dates back hundreds of years.
- Festival-goers will have the unique opportunity to place their written prayers in a replica of the Wall, which will be taken to Israel and placed in the actual Western wall.
- Ask the Rabbi...
• Jewish Holidays:
• Learn about Jewish Life Cycle Events:
Bar / Bat Mitzvah
Kiddushin / Marriage
Death & Mourning
• Activities for Kids