What's Happened: 4 Highlights
- I held the first official Arkansas LIFE & LEGACY™ program training this morning for the team from Congregation House of Israel in Hot Springs. Further trainings to follow in Northwest Arkansas and Little Rock. I am so excited and honored to have so many of our Arkansas congregations partnering with us to create a culture of legacy giving in our Jewish community and ensure our Jewish community's vibrancy long into the future. Interested in leaving a legacy gift? More information will follow soon from us on how to leave a gift to us and/or one or more of our partner congregations; you may also contact your congregation directly.
- All materials have gone out for JFAR's Board Meeting this Monday, February 15th, at 7:00 pm, at Congregation Agudath Achim. A reminder to all board members to RSVP.
- Thanks to Mike Kaiser and the members of our Young Adult Committee, we have our first event on the calendar for 2016: a "Brews and Jews" mixer on Saturday evening, March 26th. Stay tuned for more information. If you know Jewish young people in their 20s-40s and you're not sure they are on our list, please send their contact information so we can be sure to invite them to this event.
- Thanks to a lot of teamwork and especially to our social worker Cindy Brown's assistance with applications, we got a lot of Arkansas families signed up for camp and camp scholarships this week before the February 15th deadline. It's been a pleasure in addition to work with Rabbi Block from Congregation B'nai Israel and with Anna Herman at Henry S. Jacobs Camp. Please note our JCRS camp scholarship matches apply to all Arkansas youth in our community going to any non-profit Jewish overnight camp. If you know of congregation members or families who still need assistance with forms and registration, please let me know. The plan for next year is for Cindy to hold a few camp scholarship application workshops throughout the state to encourage further applications.
What's Happening: 4 Highlights
- Have you visited www.jewisharkansas.org lately? We've done a soft launch for now. A more public launch to follow. Thanks to our Operational Support Manager Polly Greenbaum for all her extensive work getting our new website up.
- Thanks to Campaign Committee member Michelle Malashock who is working on a plan to increase monthly giving. In the meantime, if you want to turn your annual pledge into a monthly gift, we now have an automatic system in place to bill your credit card; click here to make your gift , and under "Frequency" mark recurring and choose how often you would like your credit to be billed.
- Our auditing firm is finishing up its review of our 2014-15 fiscal year. All board members will receive copies. If you are not on the board but would like a copy, please let me know. A reminder that we are reviewed every year and audited every 5 years.
- Our regional office of the Anti-Defamation League is offering to bring a new anti-bias program called "Words to Action" into our schools and/or onto our college campus. If you are interested in bringing the program to your school or campus (or know someone who might be), please let me know.
What's Going to Happen: 4 Highlights
February 15th: JFAR Board Meeting, 7:00 pm, Congregation Agudath Achim
February 17th: Stand with Us Israeli Defense Forces Tour: Two IDF Soldiers Share their Stories, 6:30 pm, Congregation B'nai Israel, co-sponsored by Jewish Federation of Arkansas
February 17th and 24th: The Jewish Course of Why continues, 6:45 pm Chabad-Lubavitch Center for Jewish Life
February 22nd: Art & Soul: Dance, Movement and Relationship (Rosh Chodesh Women's Group), 7:30 pm, Chabad-Lubavitch Center for Jewish Life