What's Happened: 4 Highlights
- Thank you to our JFAR Board Members! At our Monday meeting, every single member who submitted a pledge in advance of our 2016 annual campaign launch, increased their pledge from 2015! Thank you, too, to Campaign Chair Sue Weinstein, for her heartful and thoughtful ask to our board. I'm so thrilled to have such amazing board support heading into our official campaign launch.
- Thank you, too, to our spectacular congregational Sisterhoods. The Congregation B'nai Israel Sisterhood (Little Rock) has just committed $1000/year every year (pending the availability of funds) to our Shirley and Sam Strauss Memorial Social Work Fund to support our social work position. They would like to challenge the other statewide sisterhoods to contribute as well. The Congregation House of Israel Sisterhood (Hot Springs) just donated pounds of pennies to the Vilonia High School Holocaust Memorial Project. And, the Sisterhoods of Congregations Agudath Achim and B'nai Israel remain valuable supporters of our PJ Library program. Thank you again to all of you!
- I had another great LIFE & LEGACY training Wednesday night with the teams from Congregation Etz Chaim and Temple Shalom. Thanks to Corinna Dranow of the Temple Shalom team for hosting!
- I'm incredibly excited to report that Breana (Josephson) Clark, our social work intern last year who completed the needs assessment that has led to our current caregiving and aging program, is continuing her career in Jewish communal work. After earning a masters in social work at the University of Michigan, she has just been hired by B'nai B'rith International as a Program Associate in their Washington DC office. She will work with the Directors of their Center for Senior Services as well as of their Health and Aging Policy division. Mazel Tov to Breana!
What's Happening: 4 Highlights
- The Jewish Food and Cultural Festival leadership committee meets this Sunday to finalize plans for this year's Festival, among other things. Stay tuned for more information on how you can help--a volunteer sign-up is coming soon.
- Judge Audrey Evans will be the speaker at the next Coffee, Cake, and Conversation on March 8th, at 11:30 am, in the Temple B'nai Israel Library. She will discuss "The Legacy of Judge Jacob Trieber, the first Jewish Federal Judge in the US." Coffee, Cake is sponsored by CBI and JFAR. All are welcome.
- A reminder to send me the contact info of any young adults (ages 21-40ish) you know in the Jewish community so that I can make sure they receive an invitation to our upcoming Jews and Brews event, organized by Mike Kaiser on the evening of March 26th.
- Thanks to our Northwest Arkansas PJ Library Administrator Jenny Max for hosting a great PJ event last weekend. Thanks to our Central Arkansas PJ Library Administrator Ellyn Polsky and volunteer Esther Biton for organizing a PJ Library event for next weekend in Little Rock, a Hamentaschen Bake on February 28th, from 3:00-4:30 pm, at Congregation Agudath Achim. PJ parents and grandparents welcome to accompany children. RSVP to our office.
What's Going to Happen: 4 Highlights
- February 22nd: Art & Soul: Dance, Movement and Relationship (Rosh Chodesh Women's Group), 7:30 pm, Chabad-Lubavitch Center for Jewish Life
- February 24th, March 2nd: The Jewish Course of Why continues, 6:45 pm Chabad-Lubavitch Center for Jewish Life
- February 28th: PJ Library Hamentaschen Bake, 3:00 pm, Congregation Agudath Achim
- March 8th: Coffee, Cake, and Conversation, 11:30 am, Congregation B'nai Israel Library