What's Happened: 4 Highlights
- Invitations have gone out for our Special Update on our joint Israel Project with the Jewish National Fund: Tuesday evening, April 12th, at 7:30 pm, hosted by Anne and Larry Miller and Irene and Joel Spalter. Click here for the invitation. If you have not already RSVP'd, please click here to do so.
- I had another great LIFE & LEGACY training this week in Hot Springs at Congregation House of Israel. We have one more make-up training to schedule for some of our Little Rock volunteers, and then all our teams will be ready to get started, if they haven't already.
- Thanks to all the hard work on the part of our event chairs Shelly Baron and Silvana Berlinski and all of our volunteers, we're ready for this weekend's Jewish Food and Cultural Festival. If you haven't done so already, please invite your friends to the event via Facebook.
- You may have noticed Jewish Food and Cultural Festival yard signs around town. Thanks to Russ Parish and his team of volunteers for putting up all the signs!
What's Happening: 4 Highlights
- As I write this numerous volunteers are helping pack Jewish Food and Cultural Festival baked goods at Congregation B'nai Israel. Thanks to everyone across the state who baked and to everyone who is packing this morning.
- Preparations are already in the works for our Tikkun Olam Event on Sunday, September 25th, with grand honoree Richard (Dick) Williams, to be held at the Downtown Little Rock Marriott. Event chairs Carol Mendel and Dale Ronnel have already met to start planning, and Rabbi Ciment and I visited the Marriott yesterday to start working to ensure we will have a kosher event.
- Mark your calendars for our annual community Yom Hashoah commemoration on May 4th at 7:00 pm at Congregation B'nai Israel and our annual community Yom Ha'atmzaut celebration on May 12th, at 6:00 pm, at Congregation Agudath Achim. More details to follow on both. Thanks so much to Rabbis Block, Ciment, and Winnick for working with us to plan the events.
- Don't forget to gather up your bags of non-perishable food items to donate at the Jewish Food and Cultural Festival to the Arkansas Foodbank. Also, please don't throw away any extra tickets you purchase! Please put them in the Tzedakah boxes that will be located throughout the venue and proceeds will go to the local Little Rock partner organizations we support through our annual allocations: Arkansas Foodbank, Harmony Clinic, Just Communities of Arkansas, LifeQuest, and Our House Shelter. Please also join me in thanking our partner organizations for sending volunteers to help with the event.
What's Going to Happen: 4 Highlights
- April 10th: Jewish Food and Cultural Festival
- April 11th: JFAR Caregiver Support Group
- April 12th: JNF-JFAR Partners for Israel Update