What's Happened: 4 Highlights
- Jewish Federation of Arkansas joins with Federations and communities and organizations throughout the country in mourning the victims of the Orlando attack and deploring the senseless of the violence. The Jewish Federation of Orlando is directing those who wish to donate money to help victims, to give to Equality Florida.
- I was moved and saddened to attend the closing ceremony last week for Temple Anshe Emeth in Pine Bluff. Thank you to Rabbi Gene Levy, Bill Rubenstein, and all the members of the congregation for organizing such a meaningful and memorable farewell.
- Thank you to JFAR's Treasurer Sarah Johnson and the members of JFAR's Budget Committee for a great 2016-17 budget planning meeting this week. Your thoughtfulness and hard work is much appreciated. Voting members of JFAR's board will receive a copy of the 2016-17 Proposed Budget soon and will be asked to review carefully in advance of our June 27th meeting.
- Carol Vella has now taken over as our Northwest Arkansas PJ Library Administrator, and she already has a summer ice cream social on the calendar for PJ parents and kids.
What's Happening: 4 Highlights
- Later today JFAR Board President Shelly Baron, JFAR Board Member Phil Axelroth, and I, along with other Little Rock Jewish community members, will be headed to McGehee for the closing ceremony of Temple Meir Chayim. The ceremony will be led by Rabbi Gene Levy.
- If you haven't already, please mark your calendars for Sunday, September 25th, when we will honor Dick Williams and celebrate the accomplishments of our individual award winners at our annual Jane B. Mendel Tikkun Olam Awards Celebration. Thanks to event chairs Carol Mendel and Dale Ronnel, who are already hard at work on the event. Look for a feature on grand honoree Dick Williams in our upcoming spring issue of Action.
- JFAR Board Members please don't forget to RSVP for our upcoming meeting on Monday, June 27th, at 7:00 pm at Congregation Agudath Achim. Materials will be sent soon. In addition to the 2016-17 budget, we'll be voting on new board members as well as JFAR's own Jane B. Mendel Tikkun Olam Award winner.
- A couple of weeks ago in my weekly update, I welcomed summer social work intern Kelsey Lillard, but I provided an incorrect e-mail address. Kelsey will use her personal e-mail address for the summer, so you can reach her at email@example.com. For those of you who also enjoyed working with this past year's social work intern Kelsey Dugger, I'm pleased to announce that she will be interning for us again this fall.
What's Going to Happen: 4 Highlights
- June 17th: Temple Meir Chayim Closing Ceremony (McGehee)
- June 20th: Caregiver Support Group