What's Happened: 4 Highlights
- Please join in welcoming our new JFAR Board Members Lynn Greenberg, Ellyn Polsky, and Annabelle Imber Tuck as well as our new honorary board member Jerry Tanenbaum.
- Mazal Tov to our social worker Cindy Brown for receiving a start-up grant to participate in the Music & Memory program and receive certification for JFAR to become a Music & Memory program provider. Click here for more information on the program and its transformative work with seniors and others with memory issues.
- Please join me in thanking the Rosen Foundation of Pine Bluff and its board members for the recent donation to JFAR. The Fund was established by Pearl G. Rosen, who was a lifelong philanthropist.
- For the fourth year in a row the Jewish Food and Cultural Festival was selected as a Runner-Up for Best Food Festival in the Arkansas Times annual Best of Arkansas poll. Congratulations to the Festival Chairs Shelly Baron and Silvana Berlinski and to all the volunteers who put in countless hours to make the Festival possible.
What's Happening: 4 Highlights
- Watch your mailboxes! The latest issue of JFAR's Action newsletter will be out soon. Thanks to all who contributed and proofread.
- Keep watching your mailboxes! Invitations will be out soon for this year's Jane B. Mendel Tikkun Olam Event with Grand Honoree Richard A. (Dick) Williams on September 25th at the Little Rock Marriott Downtown.
- I'm excited to be heading to Northwest Arkansas next week for LIFE & LEGACY team meetings and other visits. Thanks to all who are making time to meet.
- JFAR's Board Development Committee is hard at work on plans for our August 28th Board Retreat for our voting members. Board Development Committee Chair Silvana Berlinski and I are going over those plans today with Debra Stein, Senior Director of Community Consulting and Development at the Jewish Federations of North America, who will facilitate the retreat.
What's Going to Happen: 4 Highlights
- August 7th: Marveous Mah Jongg Mania, Agudath Achim
- August 8th: JFAR Caregiver Support Group
- August 14th: Tisha B'Av
- August 21st: Nechoma Greisman Bat Mitzvah, Chabad of Northwest Arkansas