What's Happened: 4 Highlights
- We had a great new board member orientation last Sunday for incoming JFAR board members Lynn Greenberg, Ellyn Polsky, and Annabelle Imber Tuck. We're so excited to have them join us.
- Plans are set for JFAR's board retreat this weekend and materials for the board meeting at the retreat have gone out. Thanks again to the Board Development Committee for all its work planning the retreat.
- Thanks to our Endowment and Investment Committee Chair Andrea Levy for driving down to Little Rock for a routine review of all of JFAR's funds with Allan Mendel, our financial manager. Andrea is also working with Allan to institute regular quarterly meetings.
- We received a lovely thank you letter from one of our Jewish camp scholarship recipients. I've shared some lines below so you know how important our camp scholarships are to Jewish families and children in Arkansas (please note that JFAR partners for camp scholarships with JCRS and, for Temple members, with Congregation B'nai Israel):
- Thank you so much for all that you have done in support of my attending Henry S. Jacobs Camp this summer . . . I believe that this unique experience is a foundation builder for me to grow and help shape me for many years to come. This was definitely an opportunity of a lifetime . . .
What's Happening: 4 Highlights
- Did you know that Cindy has three social work interns from UALR working with her this year? Please join me in welcoming back Kelsey Dugger, who interned with us last year, and welcoming J Bean and Curtis Watson. All are already out in the community and doing visits. We hope soon to arrange a meet and greet so you have the chance to get to know them.
- There is still an urgent need for flood relief funds in the Baton Rouge Jewish community and in the general community. Click here to donate. And click here to read a blog post on "How You Can Help Those Affected by the Louisiana Floods" by Jacobs Camp Director Anna Herman, who is on the ground assisting with relief efforts.
- Thanks to those who have RSVP'd already for Celebrating Community, our Tikkun Olam dinner on September 25th. If you've not done so already, you can purchase tickets and sponsorships and make donations in honor of the winners here. A reminder that the RSVP deadline is September 2nd.
- The 2016 Jewish Federations of North America General Assembly, which brings together Federations from throughout North America and Jewish leaders from throughout the world, will take place November 13th-15th in Washington DC. If you are interested in or planning to go, please let me know.
What's Going to Happen: 4 Highlights
- August 28th: JFAR Board Retreat at Subiaco
- August 28th: The Diary of Anne Frank, Community Theatre of Little Rock
- September 5th: Labor Day (JFAR Office Closed)
- September 6th: Coffee, Cake, and Conversation