What's Happened: 4 Highlights
- JFAR President Shelly Baron and I had a great series of meetings this week with Jewish community members in Northwest Arkansas. Thank you to everyone who took time out to meet with us and to make us feel so welcome.
- Thanks to our social work intern Kelsey Lillard for doing such good work this past week helping to cover our social work needs while Cindy was on vacation. Thank you, too, to social workers Rickie Lockwood and Susan Strauss for their volunteer assistance and for serving as resources for Kelsey and for me.
- We had a special visit this week by John Pregulman of
Kavod: Ensuring Dignity for Holocaust Survivors. He was in town to photograph Holocaust survivors Nina Krupitsky and Zwia Weiss. Thanks to Polly Greenbaum for accompanyomg John during his visit and introducing him to Zwia and Nina. More to follow at a later date on the photos and the work of Kavod.
- Mazel Tov to JFAR ex-officio board member and Lubavitch of Arkansas Rabbi Ciment and his wife Estie on the birth last week and bris this week of a new grandson. Parents are Mushka and Yosef Kramer.
What's Happening: 4 Highlights
- Mazel Tov to JFAR's 2016-17 Arkansas Grant Recipients. An e-newsletter about them will go out soon to our entire list, but you can now read in advance about all the recipients on our website--just click here.
- Please help get the word out to any Jewish young adults you know about a special opportunity to gather in Memphis with other Jewish young adults from the region: Bluff City Bash, August 26th-28th.
- Mark your calendars! for the first Coffee, Cake, and Conversation of the fall: Tuesday, September 13th, 11:30 am, at Congregation B'nai Israel. Cindy will present on the Music and Memory Program (for which she recently received a start-up grant) and what it will mean for our community. Coffee, Cake is sponsored by Congregation B'nai Israel and JFAR and is open to the entire Jewish community.
- Thank you to JFAR's Board Development Committee for its careful work reviewing JFAR's board manual in order to assist in preparing new up-to-date manuals in advance of our August 28th Board Retreat. Speaking of the retreat, voting board members please remember to let Silvana know if you're interested in carpooling.
What's Going to Happen: 4 Highlights
- August 7th: Marveous Mah Jongg Mania, Agudath Achim
- August 8th: JFAR Caregiver Support Group
- August 14th: Tisha B'Av
- August 21st: Nechoma Greisman Bat Mitzvah, Chabad of Northwest Arkansas