What's Happened: 4 Highlights
- We had a thought-provoking and productive JFAR Board Retreat on Sunday. Thanks to all who attended, to the Board Development Committee for its preparatory work, and to Debbie Stein of JFNA for facilitating. For those who attended, please do not forget to take the electronic survey I sent around in order to help us continue to build upon everything we discussed.
- Thank you to JFAR Board Member and volunteer photographer Doris Krain for taking time out this week to photograph JFAR's three Jane B. Mendel Tikkun Olam Award winners together--Mark Krain, Rickie Lockwood, and Susan Strauss--for the evening program.
- We learned this week that our Tikkun Olam celebration's Grand Honoree Dick Williams will be featured in the High Profile section of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Look for the article on Sunday, September 25th, the day same day as the event.
- At its August meeting, the JFAR board voted in Anne Miller as a new member of the Endowment and Investment Committee. We're excited to have Anne serve.
What's Happening: 4 Highlights
- Don't forget to join us this coming Tuesday, September 6th, at 11:30 am, in the library of Congregation B'nai Israel for Coffee, Cake, and Conversation with JFAR social worker Cindy Brown. She will present on "Music and Memory Comes to the Arkansas Jewish Community: Find out how you can become involved or benefit from the new program."
- Coffee, Cake, and Conversation is sponsored by CBI and JFAR; all are welcome. Bring your own lunch; we provide dessert and coffee.
- The RSVP deadline for Celebrating Community: The 13th Annual Jane B. Mendel Tikkun Olam Awards is today. A reminder, if you haven't done so already, that you can purchase
tickets and sponsorships and make donations in honor of the winners here.
- I'm excited that those traveling on the Congregation B'nai Israel mission to Israel will have a chance to visit Sapir, the site of JFAR's joint project with JNF: the Magen David Adom Emergency Station at JNF's new Rescue Center in the Central Arava. A special thanks to JFAR Board Member Irene Spalter for working with our JNF representative to make sure those on the mission get the best and most informative reception possible from community members and leaders in Sapir.
- JCRS (Jewish Children's Regional Service), which JFAR supports through an annual grant allocation, has been busy on the ground in Baton Rouge helping with recovery efforts. Click here to read an e-mail sent by JCRS Executive Director Ned Goldberg about everything JCRS has done and will continue to do to assist.
What's Going to Happen: 4 Highlights
- September 5th: Labor Day (JFAR Office Closed)
- September 6th: Coffee, Cake, and Conversation
- September 11th-23rd: Congregation B'nai Israel Mission to Israel
- September 11th: Kids, Friends, and Family Concert with Andrea and Polly